Buying Your New Home. Congratulations!
When using a Coldwell Banker® Sales Associate, you will feel confident your search for a new home will be very successful. Let's get started!
Steps to Get Started
- Determine your budget and how much you can afford.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage.
- When applying, you'll most likely need to furnish:
- Two most recent pay stubs
- W-2 forms for the past 2 years
- Federal tax returns for the past 2 years
- Last two months bank statements
- Long-term debt information such as credit cards, auto loans, etc.
A lender will check your credit to see if you're a good candidate for a loan.
If your credit rating is poor, there are things you can do to improve it:
- Make sure the report is correct. If not, call to fix it.
- Begin to pay your bills on time.
- Use two to four credit cards so you can keep track of them.
- Keep a separate checking and savings account.
- Keep the same job for a few years.
Pre-Approved vs. Pre-Qualified
Pre-Approved: confirmation the lender will give you a commitment to support your purchase.
Pre-Qualified: an estimate of what you can afford.
Being pre-approved makes you a more attractive candidate to the seller when making an offer.
Deciding On A Mortgage
Fixed Rate Mortgage: the interest rate stays the same for the entire term of the loan.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage: the interest rate is linked to a financial index and may fluctuate with market conditions. As such, payments may vary over the life of the loan.
Calculating Your Budget
To estimate your budget, add up your total financial worth and then subtract all the cost in the purchase.
Some expenses you may carry:
- Down payment
- Attorney's fees
The Fun Begins
Before you search for your dream home, some things you should consider:
- Size of property
- Type of neighborhood you desire
- Quality of school system
- Nearby public transportation
- Urban or suburban
Open Houses & Special Features
As your Coldwell Banker® Sales Associate, I can show you every home available on the market that meets your specific needs.
KansasCityListings.com provides access to every property listed for sale in the Heartland Multiple Listing Service. You can also find our properties on Realtor.com and Coldwellbanker.com in addition to hundreds of other real estate websites.
A few unique features of KansasCityListings.com include...
MyKansasCityListings.com: this will let you quickly and easily save listings, get email alerts, run automated searches, and more.
The Concierge Services Section: this provides information regarding recommended service providers such as inspectors, insurance providers, handyman services, etc.
Relocation Information: provides helpful information if you are moving into or out of the Kansas City area.
Writing the Offer
Once you've found the perfect home, I will write up the offer and ensure all paperwork and activities are completed so you can close on your property.
This is the meeting where the transaction is finalized. I will guide you through all closing procedures to make your home officially yours.